Friday, July 28, 2006

Husbands are Heroes Too

Anyone who knows me, knows I'm not a "libber". I'm getting more and more annoyed at TV shows and commercials that make men look like total morons. Is this suppose to be funny? I don't think so. The only part of the ERA I ever agreed with was the "equal pay" part. I do believe if I'm going to do the same job as a man, then I should get paid the same amount. I ran into this problem many years ago (mid 80's) when I was managing a store. I had a full time employee who was hired to manage another store, and they started him at a rate of pay that was higher than mine. The explanation? He's a college student and has bills to pay. I had a child, and I didn't have bills? This was a man of course, in that same age range. I resigned and the store went out of business. After I left, the customers complained about the person who took over, who was also male. :) Typically, husbands are taller, and they can reach those top shelves that short people like myself can't get to. Husbands work hard to provide us "steel magnolias" with home and hearth. Husbands get earrings dropped down the drain out, even when they want to watch the news and go to bed. Yes, husbands are heroes. And I appreciate mine! Yes,