Friday, June 09, 2006

Speak English

Philadelphia is famous for it's cheesesteaks. Although, I prefer mine with Swiss, I hear those with Whiz are pretty good too. I just don't like Cheeze Whiz.... it's not cheese! :) Geno's Steaks is asking their customers to order in English, which of course, has caused quite a stir with activists. So, what's the problem? Should every restaurant worker, from McDonald's to Ruth's Chris' Steak House, have to learn Spanish? No, you live in a country that speaks English, you learn to speak English. If you live in a Spanish speaking country, you learn Spanish. Simple! No one is going to be turned away, if they have trouble ordering, they'll be helped. The sign posted is just a reminder as far as I can see, to learn the language of the land. I won't be going to Philadelphia any time soon, but if I was, I'd make sure I'd take a trip to Geno's.