Sunday, August 13, 2006

A Lone "Protester"

I sure hope this guy isn't a conservative!
A protester staked out the home of a Muslim candidate for the Maryland House of Delegates, holding a sign and wearing a T-shirt that mocked Islam.
Timothy Truett sat in a folding chair Saturday on the cul-de-sac outside Saqib Ali's home in Gaithersburg with a sign reading "Islam sucks," and a shirt with the slogan, "This mind is an Allah-free zone." (...) Truett called his protest "an experiment," explaining: "I had heard that Muslims were generally intolerant of views other than their own, and so I thought I would put it to the test." "We don't waste our time talking to people who hate us," Ali said Sunday. Truett said he did not think the sign or the T-shirt expressed a message of hate.
Well, it's not exactly a "love fest" shirt, but, not exactly hateful either. I do question Saqib Ali's motives. Considering recent history, I'm sure I'd feel all that safe with a Muslim in Congress. You can call me a bigot, racist, whatever, but the safety of my family comes before any politically horse manure. Qur'an 3:28 teaches:
"Let not the believers take for friends or helpers unbelievers rather than believers. If any do that, in nothing will there be help from Allah; except by way of precaution, that ye may guard yourselves from them."