Friday, September 01, 2006

Cancer Sucks - Finale

A couple of hours ago, one of the most lovely ladies I've ever met left this earth for a much better place. My mother in law was one of those rare gems who combined class and dignity that most people are never able to achieve. She came by it naturally. I always told her she was a "Steele Magnolia", and that's exactly what she was. Her daughter was by her side when the time came, and my husband and I arrived only minutes after. There are no words to express the pain, yet joy of her passing. Her pain is now gone, and she is with the Lord. I know her husband has been waiting for her the last couple of days, standing by her beside. I will remember how she was! Vibrant, an avid gardener who could make anything blossom and grow, a loving mother, a darn good golfer, and a good friend. This is one lady who will be missed more than words can ever express. The family is asking that donations be sent to the American Cancer Society, Marsh Haven and St. Agnes Hospice Hope.