Friday, October 06, 2006

Speaker Pelosi

Yep, keep that in mind when you go to vote on 7 Nov, because if the Dems take over the House, that's exactly what we'll have to deal with! Here are a few changes that Speaker Pelosi would enact in the first few days of her tenure:
Day One: Put new rules in place to "break the link between lobbyists and legislation."
Excuse me a minute... ROFLMAO Sorry... I'll try to contain myself.
Day Two: Enact all the recommendations made by the commission that investigated the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.
I'm not exactly sure what she thinks she can do without totally removing all freedoms granted by the Constitution. Hopefully, we won't have to find out. Granted, some more changes could be made.... like PROFILING.
Time remaining until 100 hours: Raise the minimum wage to $7.25 an hour, maybe in one step. Cut the interest rate on student loans in half. Allow the government to negotiate directly with the pharmaceutical companies for lower drug prices for Medicare patients.
I've covered the minimum wage issue before, so I won't even go into just how WRONG that would be. As with most Dems, she seems to think the guvmint does things better, and can control the prices of everything. A lot of competition would work a lot better, AND getting the guvmint out of the medical business wouldn't hurt either.
Broaden the types of stem cell research allowed with federal funds ‚— "I hope with a veto-proof majority," she added in an Associated Press interview Thursday.
I honestly don't believe the guvmint should be in any aspect of medicine, other than to make sure it remains ethical. I have no problem with stem cell research, but they want to destroy life to prolong life. This has never made a bit of sense to me.
"We believe in the marketplace," Pelosi said of Democrats, then drew a contrast with Republicans. "They have only rewarded wealth, not work." "We must share the benefits of our wealth" beyond the privileged few, she added.
(wiping coffee off the monitor) Is she serious? What planet has she been on? The Dems do not like hard work because they insist on taxing anyone who actually works hard to earn a living to death... then they tax their corpses. (Don't get me started on the "anticipation of death" nonsense!) Sharing the benefits of wealth to those who don't earn it sounds a whole lot like the utopia of communism" to me. I need more coffee!