Friday, July 28, 2006

Wisconsin's Scorecard

Citizens Against Government Waste has released it's "scorecard" for 2005. Here are the ratings for Wisconsin: Senate Feingold, Russell - D 33% "unfriendly" Kohl, Herb -D 21% "unfriendly" House Balwin, Tammy -D 9% "hostile" Green, Mark -D 68% "friendly" Kind, Ron - D 18% "hostile" Moore, Gwen - D 9% "hostile" Obey, David - D 12% "hostile" Petri, Thomas - R 79% "friendly" Ryan, Paul - R 88% "Taxpayer Hero" Sensenbrenner, F - R 84% "Taxpayer Hero" Is anyone noticing a pattern here? I don't think the Democrats like us very much, do you? I'd like to see the Republicans go to the "Taxpayer Super Hero" pretty soon. We must storm the beaches on this one, I guess. I was surprised to see Herb Kohl's score less than Feingold. For some reason, I had them confused. I mean, when you are a potted plant, just how much damage can you do? Well, evidently, that plant can do quite a bit. Let's fix it! We do having someone running for Kohl's seat, and we should be strong enough as a unti to get Daffy Duck elected, shouldn't we? Robert Lorge may not be what we had in mind, but I get the impression he'd actually pay attention to the people of this state for a while. (I'm still annoyed with Glenn, but I'll get over it. Maybe he's stocking up his war chest to run against Feingold in '12. One can only hope!)
And it shakes out like this: 2005 Rank 31st State Wisconsin 2005 Pork $178,260,343 Population 5,509,026 Pork/Capita $32.36 2004 Rank 32nd Well, you've got to give us credit, we've moved from 32nd to 31st.