Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Gossip

So, Mel Gibson rants and raves, people are appalled, and he has a drinking problem. Like he's the only one who's ever gone off the deep end? A few names come to mind, some even well known. Should we all condemn one person, if we don't condemn another who said the same, and much worse? No, I do NOT agree with anything he said while in his drunken stupor. I think the fact he even said them tells me something is buried pretty deep there. His father was an anti Semite. Guess what! So was mine. Big time! He mellowed over the years, but you should have heard his reaction when I was in high school and brought home a couple of friends after school, not just a Jew, but also a .... (gasp) black person. Until that time, I had no idea he had such strong feelings. It did NOT get passed down to me. EXCLUSIVE: Mel Gibson Was 'Really On The Verge Of Suicide' Before His DUI Arrest; 'This Was A Death Wish' So, before we all condemn Mr. Gibson, let's take a good look at ourselves. Has anyone ever said anything, in a fit of anger, after a few too many drinks, that we would never even think, much less say, when in "normal"mode? Right! We all have. We apologize, feel horrible, and try to move on. Yes, it takes time for those comments to be overcome, and sometimes, it's such a hurtful thing that was said, time doesn't heal so much. All we can do is try. I think Susan Sarandon is a idjit, but I also think she's a terrific actress. I'm not going to stop watching her movies because I don't agree with her politics. Alec Baldwin, on the other hand, I could live without BEFORE he started his rants. We are responsible for our actions. Mel Gibson will suffer the consequences for his, both personally and, unfortunately, professionally. He's a very talented man.