Monday, October 16, 2006

Courts Supporting Terrorists?

I heard on the news that the lawyer for the "Blind Sheik", Lynne Stewart, only got 28 months for assisting spread the word? That can't be right! Aren't we suppose to be fighting terrorists, NOT assisting them, and giving them a slap on the wrist? Lawyer Sentenced to 28 Months on Terror Charges for Assisting Blind Sheik
NEW YORK -— A judge said Monday he would sentence civil rights lawyer Lynne Stewart to 28 months in prison on a terrorism charge for helping an Egyptian sheik communicate with his followers on the outside. Stewart, 67, who was diagnosed with breast cancer last year, smiled as the judge announced his decision to send her to prison for less than 2 1/2 years. She had faced up to 30 years in prison.
Ya know, I'm real sorry she has breast cancer, but as far as I'm concerned, treason is a hanging offense. And to me, what she did was treason. It's that whole "aiding and abetting" thing, ya know?
In a letter to the sentencing judge, Stewart proclaimed: "I am not a traitor." "The end of my career truly is like a sword in my side," Stewart said at her sentencing. "Permit me to live out the rest of my life productively, lovingly, righteously."
Sword? Side? Allow me! I guess the judge bought into her swill.