Saturday, October 07, 2006

Good Question!

What's a Good Conservative to Do? from Holstein Grove.
Today'’s Republican elites have lost their way and all but deserted the bedrock principles that the party once stood for. You know, the values and ideas that the rank and file base still takes to heart. The modern Republican Party needs a reality check. They need to be trounced and rebuked. They need to be reminded who sent them to Washington and why. Otherwise, they will continue to spiral until they become virtually indistinguishable from the left.
We do have a dilemma, but electing Democrats is not an option for me. Somehow or another, we really do need to get through those powers that be in the RNC. A line from a movie comes to mind...."I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!" I've stopped giving money to the national party and giving directly to candidates. It's a small thing, but it's what I can do. I've also let them know why I'm not giving them a single dime.... repeatedly. :)