Sunday, May 28, 2006

Booster Seats

On June 1, another new law goes into effect for Wisconsin. sigh.... I understand wanting to keep our kids safe, but this has got to be one of those "feel good" laws they continuously come up with for "the sake of the children". Who's going to pay for all those booster seats? What if you have 4 kids, all under the age of 8? How will they fit into a car designed to hold 5 people, max? Is Madison going to buy all those parents a new car? Obviously, common sense was not a factor when they came up with this one. Thanks to my state Senator, Carol Roessler, my 7 year old granddaughter will not be visiting us this summer. Instead of spending money on her in this state, I will be driving down to Texas to spoil her rotten. Why on earth would I purchase a booster seat from the WalMart in Beaver Dam or Fond du Lac, buy her airline tickets (from Midwest Airlines), spend oodles of money buying her new clothes at various stores around my area, take her to various attractions around this state, when she won't need said seat after September? What would I do with the silly thing AFTER she's too big? I have a devil of a time convincing her she has to sit in the back seat as is, and I'm going to strap her into something she'll completely has hissies over? I don't think so! So, my money is going to Texas next month. Sorry!