Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Day 2- At Sea, All Day

Day 2 - At sea all day.

We woke up pretty late today, I'm guessing we were all exhausted. It's kind of hazy but the water is still gorgeous. And the sun is shining. :) After the necessary things, coffee is first on the list! They brought us two pots today. We might be bouncing off the railings, but we'll be awake. My daughter took small child to her Oceaneers Club activities, and we went to the lunch buffet. Good intentions went out overboard. Why can't the desert suck? Sigh.... Afterwards, we found the front of the ship, and had to have a “Titanic” moment. Ok, so it wasn't exactly like it was in “Titanic”, we couldn't actually get to the very front of the ship and I'm no Kate Winslett. :/

We went to play bingo this afternoon. It was kind of fun. I haven't done that in years, and if I remember correctly, it didn't cost $35 per person to play. On the positive side, my daughter won $191 and I won the raffle prize. What's the Rain Forest, and why do I want this thing? I guess I'll find out eventually. :) One thing I would recommend for anyone, especially on a ship with large furry creatures and screaming children. A full body message! Now, this isn't what it sounds like, but it's a great way to get the knots out due to the stress of dealing with afore mentioned short screamers.

Tonight was dress up night. We all actually wore dresses, which is a rarity in itself. We saw people who were dressed for a ball, and others who didn't even come close to be “formal”, so I don't feel so bad. It was the kids all dressed to the nines which was a hoot. One little girl, who couldn't have been more than 8, was wearing a seriously black slinky number. Evidently, some mommies and daddies just had to buy their little girls the dress up princess garb. There were Cinderellas, Belles, and Snow Whites all over the place. During dinner Wizard Mickey showed up, running up and down the aisles. Hard to get a picture of a moving rat! It was a pretty cool place, the whole restaurant starts out in black and white, and gradually everything goes color. It's kind of hard to describe. If you grew up with a black and white TV, and finally got a color one later than everyone else you knew, you'll remember what a difference it made.

After dinner, we found Cinderella in the atrium. What's with the hands? All the princess types do that hand thing, and I just can't figure out why. Anyway, an autograph and a couple of pictures later, I actually have the whole room to myself for a couple of hours. Daughter and small child are off to see some movie that just didn't interest me.

The one negative moment of the day would be when I managed to lock my key in the room, and paced the hall for 20 minutes before someone came to let me in. Of course, there was my daughter sitting on the veranda, oblivious to my pounding on the door. Perhaps they need to staple the key to my forehead.