Saturday, June 24, 2006

FdL letter to the Editor.

Reader criticizes al-Zarqawi coverage
I'm writing regarding the June 9 newspaper. On the Your World page, one would expect news about al-Zarqawi's death, about what happened and how this was accomplished by our military, about what this means to Iraqis and Arabs around the world, and what their reactions are, and about al-Zarqawi's life, etc. Instead the title is "The War Goes On" and "59% of American adults call Iraq War a mistake." What! You buried and skipped over the whole damn story! I am shocked and very disgusted and disappointed. You simply filled the space with recycled liberal spin phrases against the war that we've heard a million times before. Where's the news? (And I would imagine the "59%" number is now different after al-Zarqawi's death.) Everyone I talked to was thrilled about al-Zarqawi's death. It was a major news story all over the world, but our Reporter staff just bulldozed right over it. That was really the last straw. I'm not buying your paper anymore. I've also been dying to tell you, enough already of the positive spin stories about Peg Lautenschlager and Jim Doyle and Russ Feingold. Jim Doyle is as crooked as they come. How about some real news stories about these folks? Sheila Todd North Fond du Lac
What a great letter! LOL I'd like to meet this woman! :)