Monday, June 26, 2006

Underway!

Kate and family are now on the high seas. Here are some photos- On the Veranda

It may not seem like much, but we are finally on the bus heading to the ship. Small child still thinks she's going to “boot camp”. Heh heh heh! Are we mean or what? She has been pretty good this morning, with a couple of exceptions. The high pitched whining has been at a minimum. However, the shoes will be replaced with sneakers as soon as possible. You'd think that cushy sandals would be comfortable for a child who's not doing that much walking. WRONG! But, they are fairly new, so I'll make an exception. :)

I have to admit, I'm in a much better mood today. I've had my over priced coffee, I got paint on my hand, talked to some nice people who helped me get the paint off who didn't laugh too much, and highly recommend The Dolphin, mainly because of the staff. The bed was comfortable, the room was great, and thank goodness small child didn't discover the mini bar, stocked with a large selection of candy. I don't think the credit card could handle it!

Note: The “Whistle While You Work” is a bit much! Disney Magic Radio. Oh joy, and to think, we get to listen to over an hour of this type of music. Sigh....

Port Canaveral – 10 Miles

It's raining! Of course it is! What else could it be doing after the hell we've gone through to get here. My daughter keeps glaring at me, saying “Only YOU would decide to take a cruise during hurricane season!” She thinks she's amusing, adding to the dubious joy of this trip so far. I remind her there is NO hurricane in the forecast, at least so far! :/

Sailing

We're moving! It was quite a shock to realize the land was going by. But as my husband informed me, the land doesn't move. Well, DUH!

I'm already sick of “When You Wish Upon A Star”. That seems to be the tune to get your attention. Repeatedly! Yeesh!

I honestly thought the state room would be bigger. I'm not too bright, am I! I've seen closets bigger than this, although I don't have one of them. We were supposed to have twin beds, plus a pull out for the kid. HUMPH! After the previous 24 hours, I was not all that surprised someone screwed up this as well. So, daughter and granddaughter get the queen sized bed, and guess who gets the pull out. No way am I going to sleep with the short person who kicks!

I ended up having to use the seasick patch. No, I haven't gotten sick, but I was starting to feel the movement a bit more than I wanted, and was slightly queasy. Sigh... But it's working, and that's all I care about, right now. :)

I wouldn't advice going to the deck party, whatever they call it, before setting sail. Too many people, too hot, and people doing the Macarena in the rain is just too much. Not to mention they charge you for the beverage they shove in your hand, whether it's got alcohol in it or not. I don't want to know what it costs. When this bill comes in, I'm going to run!

Redemption

Well, Disney might have redeemed itself. The food is fantastic. We got back to our stateroom around 11 and we had our beds turned back, a towel in the shape of a swan and chocolates on our pillows. I like that kind of thing. Unfortunately, it's still raining with the required thunder and lightening. It's a lot of fun walking like you're drunk without drinking a thing. No hangover! :) Ever tried taking a shower with it rocking back and forth? It's a hoot!