Saturday, June 10, 2006

Global nutjobs!

The darlings of the loony left always get a "pass". Why? Well, because the "tunes" make good copy of course. The grieving mother, the grieving wives, the grieving failed former president wannabe. Algore's new movie evidently is a hit with the critics. Every review I've seen of An Inconvenient Truth has a least 3 or 4 stars, depending on their scale. However, what these reviewers, Time Magazine and the countless others seem to be unaware of, or "inconveniently" ignore, is the fact that this ol' planet of ours has been around for a REALLY long time, heating and cooling, heating and cooling, for millions of years. I'll never claim knowledge I don't have, but one thing I do know, we aren't that big of a deal. We affect our climate, yes, but to the degree that the "globalists" want people to believe? Not even close! I remember the threats of doom with the "global cooling" back in the '70's. My dad, who was one smart cookie, laughed! He told me not to worry because the planet had been going through cycles of mini ice ages and then warming up again for as long as we've had recorded history. In a nut shell, the American Conservative Union has an editorial pretty much covering what my dad told me about way back when. Check it out and decide for yourself!