Saturday, July 29, 2006

Porker of the Month

Drum roll please! This month's winner of Porker of the Month is...... Rep. Tom Davis (VA-R) For the party that is SUPPOSED to be for smaller government and less spending, the Republicans are sure making us all look like fools! Personally, I'm getting pretty sick of it! How are we suppose to convince anyone that we want to lower taxes and cut spending when we have someone like Tom Davis in Congress? The Metro system in DC is great. I really enjoy using it when in the area. However, I do not live there, so I do not see why my tax dollars should be spent on a system that was built for the benefit of the DC metro area. No offense to my sister, and friends living there, who use it on a daily basis, but this really isn't my problem. Nor, is it my grandkids problem! To the tune of 6.2 BILLION dollars, I think perhaps those who actually use the system should be responsible, NOT Mr. & Mrs. John Q. Public in Murry, ID who have never been to DC.