Friday, September 08, 2006

American Family Association

CBS is planning on showing the documentary 9/11 on Sunday evening. I have gotten several emails from AFA and others complaining about the language used in this reality based film. I'll be perfectly honest, I'm none too fond of excessive use of four letter words, but I will also admit, when extremely angry, I've been known to use a few that would make a sailor blush. Not very ladylike at all, admittedly. The first time I watched this, I was in a motel room in Houston, in March of 2002. Wounds were still fresh, and I honestly didn't notice any "language". The vivid images produced a LOT of anger in me, so if there were four letters words, they were coming from me. I bought this DVD and watched it again recently, by myself, in a motel room in Port Washington. This time, I did notice some cussing, but it was in the context of REALITY, so it didn't bother me as much I would have thought. This isn't a Hollyweird movie, written by morons who can't come up with any decent dialog, so they feel they must add an excess of four letter words. This is honest, gut wrenching, reality. Events as they happened. Changing history to suit any group, is not a good thing. I do not believe that history, good or bad, should be rewritten to appease. This was a day of ugliness that, I thank G-d, has not been repeated in our home. We need the reminder of what happened. We need to teach our children of the horrors of that day, and vow to never let it happen again. We must let them know who did this to us, and not try to change anything in our history books. We MUST remember! If it means that a few "indecent" words are heard on broadcast TV, then so be it. Watch something else. Am I being hypocritical? Maybe, but reality is what it is...nothing more, nothing less.