Sunday, October 22, 2006

Another Good Day

Mr. Ol' Broad and I headed south to Waukesha today. On the way, we made a side stop to check out Cabella's. That is one big place! Sunday afternoon is not a good day to go if you aren't fond of crowds. We didn't stay very long and have decided if we go back, it's going to be midweek, when normal people are at work. We arrived at the Waukesha County RW headquarters a little before 4 p.m. There were already quite a few people gathering, inside and outside, where the "rally" was to be held. I may have these pictures a bit out of order, but you get the idea.
Milwaukee County Exec, Scott Walker, did a great job of playing M.C.
Former Lt. Governor, Margaret Farrow
J.B. Van Hollen, next A.G.
State Sen. Neal Kedzie
State Rep. Mark Gundrum
Congressman Paul Ryan
Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner
Part of the crowd
And the main event....the next Governor of Wisconsin, Congressman Mark Green!
My serious apologies to Jean Hundertmark! I was listening to her speak, which she does so well, I completely forgot to snap the picture! :) I have to tell you, it was bloomin' cold out there. As usual, if it hadn't been so windy, no problem, but of course, there had to be a "brisk" breeze. I had a warm fuzzy jacket, warm fuzzy earmuffs and gloves, so no problem. But my feet were FREEZING! It was great seeing so many people who believe as strongly as I do about the need for a new direction in Wisconsin! Afterwards, we went to a really good Italian restaurant with Deb and Jim. If I could remember the name of it, I'd highly recommend it, but since I'm old and senile, I can't tell you. It is at Brookfield Square though. :)