Thursday, October 12, 2006

Conservative Bloggers Blocked

Gates of Vienna: Uncle Sam Blocks Gates of Vienna (Among Others) What on earth is this all about?
This email just came in from a reader: Howdy, I'’m a long-time reader, without ever actually commenting on anything. Yesterday the U.S. Department of the Interior installed blocking software on their entire network. Gates of Vienna is now blocked, as are all sites with a .blogspot URL. Also blocked are other conservative blogs, such as Wizbang. More than half the sites I check on a daily basis are now completely blocked. As of today, Little Green Footballs is not blocked, but that'’s about the only one I've seen that isn't. There'’s not much that can be done, but I just thought I'’d let you know. I'll check later today when I get in to see if the liberal blogs are blocked. As of now, Little Green Footballs is also being blocked, but DailyKos is not. I don‚’t have a contact for Charles. Can we try to get the word out? Blocking conservative blogs and not liberal ones is BS. Take care, and thanks for the good stuff you folks post. He sent a follow-up a couple of minutes later: - - - - - - - - - - Here’s a quick runthrough of what I’ve found so far at work. You’ll see that its pretty one-sided. Blocked Blogs: Captain’s Quarters Cox and Forkum Gates of Vienna Little Green Footballs Michael J. Totten Michelle Malkin Power Line Protein Wisdom Rantings of a Sandmonkey Roger L. Simon The Adventures of Chester The American Thinker The Belmont Club The Doctor is In Wizbang Blogs not blocked DailyKos Democrat Underground America blog Atrios.blogspot.com JuanCole.com The Huffington Post Talkingpointsmemo.com In fact, every blog linked to off of DailyKos seems to work. Please, please get the word out about this. It not only royally sucks that I can'’t read stuff during downtimes at work, but they are being so blatantly biased as to what is being blocked. Thanks.
If one is blocked, then shouldn't all of them be blocked? This is the first I've heard of this, but it seems that something is afoot in the Department of the Interior.