Sunday, June 11, 2006

Byrd won't go away!

We have term limits, sort of... it's called a vote. What we really need is an age limit. An article from AP on Senator Robert (KKK) Byrd brought that thought to mind this morning. Yes, I'm aware that many people can have a full productive life well into their 90's and beyond, but should they really be making laws? I don't know, but in Byrd's case, my answer would be no. Naturally, I'm a tad biased in the matter since I don't agree with his stand on ..... well, anything. :) "I can speak with fire because my convictions run deep," he says. Well, if that's true, then odds are, his stand on the 1964 Civil Rights Act probably hasn't changed much. Then there was this line that had me chuckling, "The adopted son of a miner, he grew up as poor as any American politician, living in a house without electricity, running water or indoor plumbing." The fact he grew up poor wasn't amusing, it was the "poor American politician" that got me going. Those two words just don't go together in my mind for today's politician. Kind of makes him sound like Abe Lincoln. LOL I doubt if anyone would take my age limit idea seriously, but hey, just thought I'd bring it up. :)