Thursday, June 15, 2006

"Guest Workers"

Phyllis Schlafly had this to say:
Bush entered the White House in 2001 hoping he would be known in history books as the education president who raised public school standards with "No child left behind." It now looks like his legacy will be "No illegal alien left behind."
As much as I hate to say it, I'm afraid I agree with her. I'm a big fan of President Bush. I think he's done wonders for this country, contrary to what the MSM and the loony left have been ranting. The idea of "guest workers" has me in a tither. First you break our laws, then you get rewarded? I don't think that's a real good idea. Giving "illegals" special treatment (can't be fired except for "just cause", can't be arrested for other civil immigration offenses if they are stopped for traffic violations, preferential treatment from US colleges, parents can be brought here and receive Social Security)is not a real good idea in my opinion. I haven't heard anyone make a positive comment on this. Sorry Mr. President, this will not fly with the American people! The Kennedy-McCain bill should be fought at all levels!