Monday, June 19, 2006

Schools or the lack thereof!

There are some really good teachers out there, then again, there are some pretty bad ones. All the while, they are all being paid, (some, no where enough, some way too much) plus getting unbelievable benefits, including retirement. All on the taxpayer's dime. What got me off on this subject is a school. My 7 year old granddaughter's school to be specific. Rodgers Elementary on the corner of Skillman and Lovers Lane, in Dallas. The last time I saw a school that trashy was in Mexico. No, wait a minute, that school was much nicer. I wish I had had my camera with me, perhaps tomorrow, I'll get a picture. If I hear one more word about "it's for the children", I just might go postal! Never in my life have I seen such a extreme example of what taxpayers are NOT paying for, a decent school. I don't think it's too much to ask that children attend a clean, well maintained school. But of course, that wouldn't make any sense, it might cut into some really bad teachers benefits. My son in law told me that my oldest granddaughter's Texas history book didn't even include anything about the Alamo. The Alamo for crying out loud! This is Texas! That's a MAJOR part of Texas history! What? Did some politically correct type figure it might make some illegal feel bad? Mexico WON that battle! Just when are we going to say enough is enough? I vote to scrap the whole system as it is now, and go back to the original intent of education!