Sunday, July 30, 2006

Picnic

I spent an absolutely lovely (albeit warm) afternoon with some terrific people - I attended the picnic thrown by the Kenosha County Republican bunch. I saw some old friends, made a few new ones, and actually got to meet a couple I've spoken to face to face, finally. All in all, it was a pretty good day. Congressman Paul Ryan was there, with his lovely wife Janna and their rug rats, Liza, Charlie & Samuel. Cute kids! It's a shame the Congressman wrenched his back, he looked like he was in some serious pain. Hope he heals fast, cuz he's got some serious work to do in the next few months. I met several of the Kenosha County candidates, but you'll have to forgive me since I don't live there, and I'm really bad with names, I can't tell you who they are. I do remember one of them was running for re-election for county sheriff. Paul and Jessica Bucher brought their absolutely adorable Miss Annie. I swear, that kid gets cuter every time I see her. But will someone explain to me why small children get the gorgeous long eyelashes, and ol' women like me get the stubby ones? sigh... Jean Hundertmark and her daughter... nuts, can't remember her name either... pretty girl though, came later in the afternoon. Jean is one of my all time favorite people, and I'm looking forward to her being the new Lt. Governor. And of course, Kathy of Stepping Right Up! fame was there. Being a fellow Texan, I had to take her some Moon Pies. :) I do have pictures, and I will post them.