Sunday, July 30, 2006

Sandy Sullivan

Until I this year's state Republican Convention, I honestly had no idea we had a state Secretary of State. I briefly met with the candidate, Sandy Sullivan, but didn't actually get to talk to her. This afternoon at the picnic, I had a chance to speak with her for some time, and I have to tell you, I am extremely impressed. I'm not often all the impressed with "politicians", but I've met a few REAL people in the last couple of years, that just happen to be running for office. Jean Hundertmark is one. Now, I'm adding Sandy to that list. Her knowledge of the Wisconsin Constitution and the history of the state got me thinking - quite a bit actually. Who is this Doug Lofollete guy? Why haven't I ever heard of him? Does he do anything? And who is "fighting Bob"? I don't know the answers, and this bothers me. We all know what Condoleeza Rice does as the Secretary of State. Shouldn't a state Secretary have similar duties for the state itself? No, I don't mean talking to Heads of State in the Middle East, but negotiating with companies to locate here, instead of another state. Just a thought. But I do like what this lady had to say, so I'll be voting for her. :)