Friday, June 30, 2006

Day 4 – Costa Maya

Day 4 – Costa Maya

The day started out just beautiful. Do you think it would actually stay that way? Of course not! We dropped small child off at the Oceaneers Club and waddled down the pier to a huge tourist gouging area, spent a little money, had some very bland (Wisconsin type – the waittress called it “tourist salsa) salsa and chips, and got absolutely soaked. I wasn't aware it could rain salt water, but it can. We had the stinging in the eyes, even with them closed and you could actually taste the salt. YUCK, nasty!

One thing my husband can be grateful for: I forgot to take a credit card with me. :) But, there's always tomorrow in Cozumel. I've gotten pretty good at this bargaining thing. I'm sure someone else, like my son in law, could talk people down a lot more. But I feel pretty good about it. I left with $300 and came back with lots of stuff, plus $150 still in my pocket. :) Ok, odds are, I could have blown the whole 300 if it the deluge hadn't hit, but all in all, I thought I did pretty well.

Getting connected has become a major battle for me. I email stuff to Kathy, she'll post it for me. Sounds simple enough. It's not! Access is iffy at best, and it's wasting my time and money trying to get thing going out to her. So, all I can do is hope that every once in a while, things will get through.

I am now officially a Weeble! As in “Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down”. Thank goodness, I'm not the only one on this ship who is doing the Weeble walk! This rocking all the time is great for sleeping, but not when you're trying to get from one place to another. Even sitting here in the cabin, I've learned how to do Weeble sitting. The young fella in the next cabin said the only people who could walk in a straight line are the drunks. I'm inclined to believe him.

Snow White made a visit to the Oceaneers Club. We got an emergency page from short person. My daughter ran down 3 flights of stairs only to find out that the kid wanted her “Princess Autograph Book”. So, I get a frantic phone call to haul myself down there and bring the autograph book. I nearly rolled down those stairs trying to hurry before Ms. White had to leave. YEESH! The kid is having a great time, and comes back totally exhausted and cranky. Luckily, it doesn't take long for her to fall asleep. Why is that kids are so sweet.... when they're asleep? :)