Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Religion of Peace

When it comes to Muslims, I have to admit, I'm becoming quite skeptical. Even President Bush keeps referring to those who practice this religion as a peaceful people. True, even Christianity has a violent past, but we got over it, centuries ago. Perhaps we realized we didn't have to torture and kill people in the "name of God" to find the path to Christ. Actions speak much louder than words, and the actions of some radical Muslims are speaking quite loud to me. Because of these lunatics, I'm not the only one having a tough time connecting "peace" with Islam. The news that the bodies of two American soldiers were found, tortured, and possibly beheaded, makes it harder for me to be open minded with an open heart. If they think this will weaken MY resolve, they are very mistaken. I know that revenge isn't part my faith, but right now, I would be quite gleeful if the animals responsible were found, hung, drawn and quartered. If the "cut and run" crowd use these brave men's death for their own distorted view of what needs to be done now, I hope and pray that the people of this country will shut them down. The "hate Bush" crowds have been quite verbal, and LOUD. We need to be even more so! You cannot support the troops, and not support their mission. That mission is to protect, not only us, but those who cannot support themselves, and right now, that includes the people of Iraq. The Iraqis are growing stronger by the day, with steps to provide for their own security. But they aren't there yet. When they are, as the President has said, repeatedly, we will stand down.