Thursday, June 22, 2006

Shopping

I usually enjoy shopping even if I don't buy anything. Just looking and walking around for a little while can calm my nerves. However, put a seven year girl with major attitude in the mix and I consider taking up serious drinking. For the last two days my daughter and I have been getting things ready for "THE BIG TRIP"”. That wouldn't bother me, because if she annoys me, I can ignore her, and she can ignore me, and we go on our merry way. Short person is another story! "“I want that! I don't want that - ICK! Can we go now? My feet hurt. I'm hungry. Can I have something to drink? Let's go! I'm tired!"” All the while whining in a high pitched tone. To me, that's like bare feet dragging on the rug (fingernails on the blackboard type cringing). After my nerves finally settled, I realize we got a lot done during that time. The majority of the suitcases are tucked into my daughter's car all ready to go to the airport in the morning. On second thought, we could have gotten everything done in one day if small child hadn't been with us. Don't get me wrong, I love my grandchildren! But I thank God everyday for not having more than one child, who only has the two daughters.