Thursday, June 15, 2006

Trip Preparations

Have you ever noticed no matter how much you try to be prepared to go on a trip, you're never quite ready? Today is pre-trip day. Oh joy and happiness. I'm trying to make sure my husband won't run out of underwear, have clean sheets, and just generally manage on his own for more than a day or two. He's a big boy, and knows how to do laundry, so I'm not really worried about him. :) I'm leaving tomorrow for an extended journey. First, I drive to Dallas, spend a few days making sure granddaughter #2 has some decent clothes. On the 23rd, my daughter, granddaughter #2 and I will board a plane to Orlando, where we'll spend the night at some Disney type hotel (can't remember the name right now) and on the very next day, we'll set sail with Mickey, Minnie, and the gang for 7 glorious days. Sounds like a real hoot huh. Well, we shall see! So, I've been packing, doing laundry, picking up things I think I'm going to need and generally driving myself crazy. I have a headache! :) Do cruise ships have access for computers? I've never been on one. How would I survive without being able to “connect”. Yes, this is suppose to be a vacation, but considering I'll be stuck on a ship (a rather large one, true) with my 31 year old smart ass daughter (wonder where she got that trait?) and 7 year old granddaughter. Odds are, at some point in time, that ship will NOT be big enough. Three females, one room!