Saturday, July 22, 2006

What is it?

This here is one of them newfangled contraptions.
Personally, I have never cared much for any creature with more than four legs. I'm none too fond of critters with NO legs either. However, when I got back from my extended "vacation", I found my husband had ordered this... ANT FARM! sigh... He's male, he can't help himself. I guess they just have to have new gadgets and bugs! Yes, I know, ants aren't technically bugs, but I'm female, and I don't care! :) Unfortunately, some of the little critters didn't travel too well, and ended up dying, leaving their little ant carcasses all over the top of the... jelly looking stuff. Now, the little carcasses are gone. Are ants cannibals? I have to admit, I have become quite fascinated watching the little critters, although my first reaction was "Where's the RAID?". As long as they stay on their side of the room, I'll be happy to watch them from a distance.